Malak up early waiting for his breakfast. He always wakes up and says, "It's a happy day!"
Uniforms this year for him!


Considering the fact that Malak HATES nursery and will not go unless one of us is with him for the duration of the 2 hours..I didn't have huge expectations for preschool. We have been prepping him all summer. Talking about it..making him say "Lutheran" because we crack up every time he says it and taking him backpack and lunchbox shopping so he could get excited. We put him at the Lamb of God Lutheran School which is really close to our house and offers a full day program on Tues/Thurs. I was able to switch my work schedule around so I could work while he went to school and we didn't have to employ a nanny anymore. Malak was really ready to be a "big boy" and do what his siblings do...so we just decided to take the bull by the horns and go for it. It has made the biggest difference in his little life. We are so excited that he LOVES it. Every time we drive by he yells,"That's my cool" (school) and every morning when he wakes up he says it's a happy day.
James and I dropped him off the first day and he didn't even say goodbye to us. He was off and running to play. He asked one time if we would stay with him and we told him we had to get to work and he just waved and said bye. He's doing great!
He gets to wear a cute little uniform and learn fun Christian songs. We also got him started in some speech therapy at Goynes Elementary and I think that will also help him. His behavior gets better every day and he's listening so much better. I really enjoy the days off that I have at home with him. I'm usually tired from all the laughing he's had me doing during the day...he is HILARIOUS. Now that we've gotten some of the name bugs worked out at school I think we will be fine....He came home from school one day and said they were calling him "Malcolm". We're trying to teach him to just tell them what his name is but it's hard for a 3 year old that can't say his own name...we will keep working on it. Who wanted to name the kid Malak anyway???? (HA HA) I'm so excited to watch his growth through school, speech and soccer. This is going to be Malak's year...watch out everybody!! I can't promise what he'll be saying by the end of the year!
Berry Cheesecake Salad Recipe Kraft Canada
7 years ago




4 comments:
He just makes me laugh! I just miss him so much. It was great to talk to him yesterday and to listen to him talk-growing up way to fast!
Yeah,....yeah,...YEAH!!!...you posted! Looks like the first day back to school ended up going well for everyone. Sure love ya and hope you have a great day!
How cute that he loves school! What a big kid! Im happy he likes his speech class too. Youre an amazing mom with all that your kids have going on, I don't know how you do it! love ya!
Okay....,this seriously cracked me up! How many kids I've had in the past who try to tell me their name and they can't! Looks like a great program. Glad he loves it so much!
Post a Comment