We woke up all too early yesterday and went to Abuela's for pancakes and bacon. Jamie was still in bed, so I guess the heat didn't get to him. He said he actually slept really well. He has said more than once that he loves it here...maybe it's in his genes!


We then took a drive up into the mountains where Wiso lives with his wife and son. They live in a gated community so we felt it would be safe enough to let the kids trick or treat. Everyone else had the same idea as us because the traffic again was crazy! It took us almost an hour and a half to get there which should have only taken us 45 minutes. We got the kids all dressed up and took them out to get some candy. It was a huge group of people that we got stuck with and they sing at each person's house.....Trick or Treat, Halloween. Dame dulce no mani. No te escondas, que te vi. En la casa de Pepi. Translation is Trick or Treat, Halloween. Give me candy, not peanuts. Don't hide bcause I saw you in the house of Pepi. It's very cute when all the kids say it but some things just don't translate!!





We ran around most of the day yesterday. We drove all the way out to the Army base here for a few toiletries because it's "cheaper" on base but the drive was ridiculous and the line to get on base was even worse! Everyone on the island obviously has a military ID and went to go purchase alcohol for the Halloween parties! After shopping and buying a bunch of stuff we didn't need, I was exhausted! We went to Wilbur and Myra's house and rested while the kids played. Malak had a blast no matter where we were. He found things to entertain himself...like the mopping bucket--it became his car and they pushed him around in it. He likes to feed the dog and chase it around...why do we buy our kids expensive games when we can just give them a mop and a bucket?
We then took a drive up into the mountains where Wiso lives with his wife and son. They live in a gated community so we felt it would be safe enough to let the kids trick or treat. Everyone else had the same idea as us because the traffic again was crazy! It took us almost an hour and a half to get there which should have only taken us 45 minutes. We got the kids all dressed up and took them out to get some candy. It was a huge group of people that we got stuck with and they sing at each person's house.....Trick or Treat, Halloween. Dame dulce no mani. No te escondas, que te vi. En la casa de Pepi. Translation is Trick or Treat, Halloween. Give me candy, not peanuts. Don't hide bcause I saw you in the house of Pepi. It's very cute when all the kids say it but some things just don't translate!!
After all the candy getting we settled back at Wiso's house to eat Pizza and have our own little party. We played pin the tail on the donkey and they had a pinata. It is just so much fun to celebrate with James' family. They really know how to get down and be crazy!! I have really enjoyed watching my kids play with their cousins who don't speak any English. They all get along so well even though they can't really communicate. And I don't know if my spanish is getting better or what but I understand almost everything. It's been a great trip so far because I can understand what everyone is saying and I don't feel so isolated. Jamie is speaking a lot of spanish with his cousins and it's been good for him to apply what he's learned the last 3 years in Spanish class. It seems to be coming together for him.
The drive home only took 45 minutes--thank goodness and everybody slept wonderful last night! We didn't even get out of bed until 9:30!!! Hooray!!!




4 comments:
Cute pics of Halloween! I like the picture of Madi and Kai together in their pirate costumes. Also, Malak riding in his "car" is too cute! It's amazing the imaginations that kids have! Love you guys!
Soooo cute! I love that Maddy acted the part and held the fake knife in her mouth! What great memories you're making!! We love and miss you all.
cute pictures! Your kids are SO cute! I always say that, but it's true! You look so skinny. Stop it! Seriously I agree with you on the toys. Lincoln has way more fun using the most random household items for toys!
Looks pretty festive!
Post a Comment