CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas at Our House


We decided to let the kids open a few presents on Wednesday night before they went up to Grandma's house. I would have felt bad to make them wait so long to open their gifts. It was a crazy day that day getting ready to send them off--so it wasn't the same as actually waking up and opening presents but the kids didn't seem to care!! We actually read the Christmas Story to them and talked about the "true" meaning of Christmas....do you think they really get that part?? Maybe one day it will sink in if we keep enforcing it every year. I think their favorite gifts were from Jamie...he bought them robes. He used to always wear one when he was little and he's passing that tradition on to his younger siblings. Kai likes to take off his shirt, leave his pajama bottoms on and sleep in his.
We had alot of fun decorating the house this year. It's always kind of an overwhelming thing for me so I decided not to put everything out. I liked it better because it became fun and the kids liked helping me. I changed our Christmas Tree decorations this year---almost 8 years of the same ones--it was time that they went bye bye!! I tell myself every year I am going to invest in new stuff and then miss all the sales, so this year I just bit the bullet and got what I wanted. I am enjoying the new things! I was so proud of my husband and his decorating skills outside. It's usually a bit of a fight to get him to hang the lights, but this year I didn't have to say a word! He was very happy with his accomplishment and enjoyed looking at the lights.

2 comments:

Holly and Chris Kneeland said...

your new lights look fantastic! You did a great job! I hope you had a great Christmas!

deveney said...

Your decorations look great! Glad you guys had a great Christmas and a happy new year! Love you!