CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Day in the Park

Well since I've turned over a new leaf in my life, I've taken the kids to the park every day this week. Malak was the only one I had today when we had time to go but as soon as we got in the car he said, "Are we going to the Dinosaur Park, Mom"? How can you say no to that? When we got to the park it was actually closed for maintenance so we decided to just walk around and look at turtles since they are our favorite! I absolutely love watching them...I really want to steal one and bring it back to the house to have as my own pet....but would never! One of the baby turtles actually let us kneel down next to him and touch him quite a few times. I was surprised because usually they back dive into the water as soon as you get too close. Malak doesn't understand the concept of sneaking up on anything.. but he was very quiet getting close to this turtle.

He picked Mommy the smallest flower he could find in the bunch...what a thoughtful little boy!



You can see the turtle sitting right where the bushes separate .

All the turtles were just sunbathing out on the rocks today. It was very cold and the wind was blowing- I think they were all trying to get warm. We must have seen at least 20 turtles today. They were all out! I Guess they are thriving in their environment....it wouldn't hurt if I just took one would it?

3 comments:

deveney said...

Malak is such a cute boy.

Mrs. Wright said...

What a beautiful place! I love turtles too! I had a miniature one when I lived in Taiwan! They are soooo cute!! Hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

You need to come to Hawaii and swim with them. Granpa Kieth loves swimming with them but they scare me! Malak is so dang cute and I miss him so so much. But then I miss all of you.