CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 20, 2009

Malak's "New" Bed



Malak is so funny! We just decided to kinda rearrange things in the boys room not intending for one second to remove Malak from the confinement of his crib. We thought we would leave him in there forever or at least until he figured out how to get out on his own. But Kai has a fun bed that you have to climb up to and it has empty space underneath...not really a bunk bed but it could work. So we had an extra mattress and decided to throw it down there just to have another bed when Malak was ready. Well he was ready!! That night he kept saying "I sleep in Newww bed!" So we let him..and he didn't even try once to come out of his room! I couldn't believe it. We have struggled with Kai forever in getting him to sleep in his own bed--including threatening him that he couldn't start kindergarten unless he learns how to sleep in his own bed. But Malak my 2 year old has absolutely no problem sleeping in his big boy bed! Go figure! He takes his naps on it too and actually tells me when he's ready for his "new bed". I love it! For some reason he likes to bury himself underneath the pillow while he goes to sleep...whatever it takes I guess! Now if he just showed interest in peeing in the toilet...

7 comments:

jenorme said...

I'm still having the binky war with Avery and can't even think about moving her to a bed! How on Earth did you get so lucky? Malak is such a little cutie.

jenorme said...

P.S. I love your family pics! They are BEAUTIFUL!

MarjAnn said...

Funny how kids can be so different! Glad you've had such a nice experience with it!

doodlebug said...

That's exactly how dad used to sleep...on his stomach with a pillow over his head! He must have a bit of his great-grandpa haws in his blood!

Anonymous said...

Ana Your new pic's are great! What a beautiful family you have.

And, that is an amazing story. I'm planning on never letting the twins know big beds exist for them :)

Mrs. Wright said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE your new family picture! You are all so photogenic! Malak's new bed is super cute too. Miss ya.

Melissa said...

how fun, cute and nice! I haven't tried to move Lincoln out of his crib. This gives me hope. Your family is SOOOO freaken cute! p.s. it's melissa