CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Good Boys

I was in Costco today and had Kai with me. I just had to make a return and pick up a few things. He is always quite fun to be with one on one. We were just having a merry old time and were standing at the long check out line when this nice little black lady winked at me and asked if she could give him something. I said sure... and she pulls out a whole dollar from her purse!! I couldn't believe it. She told Kai that he had been such a good boy while his momma was shopping. She had been watching him the whole time and couldn't believe how well behaved he was. Kai's face just lit up and he said a big thank you. Then he decided to help her unload her cart onto the conveyor belt. After she was done with her transaction she received her change and gave him another dollar!! She just thought he was adorable. I was very proud of him and tickled that somebody actually noticed when my son was behaving instead of the other way around!!

Jamie participated in Senior Skip Day today but got up for Seminary like the amazing kid that he is. After seminary a bunch of his friends went to IHOP for all you can eat pancakes and to say they actually did something on their special day. While they were eating a man came up to their table and thanked them for being a great group of kids. He said he hadn't expected much from a group of teenagers while eating breakfast but was so grateful that he didn't hear any foul language or unruly behavior because he had his daughter with him. He was very impressed with them and wanted to let them know they were great kids.

It's nice to know we are doing a decent job at parenting....although all hell broke loose this afternoon. I have been having a rough time lately but needless to say my kids have pushed me over the edge and we have taken away all the electronics and TV's for an indefinite period of time. I refuse to allow the constant bickering and fighting and it seems to be worse when the TV's are going. Malak is completely addicted to it and his behavior is horrible. I am putting an end to it now so hopefully things will start to improve. We need to get back to the basics and invite the spirit back into our home. We soooo need it right now, it seems like Satan is trying really hard to hurt our family. I know that we will pull through this rough spell and be better because of our challenges.

3 comments:

MarjAnn said...

It is always so nice to have a little reassurance that you're doing something right. And hang in there through the other stuff!!

jenorme said...

What great stories, Ana! I'm sorry you are having a hard time right now. I have my kids home with me 24/7 now and have the same problems. It's hard for me to keep track of all the restrictions I have my kids on. :) You are a great mom and it shows with your kids.

Kassie Temple said...

That is awesome! It always seems like people are watching and noticing when my kids are being naughty and throwing a fit. It is nice to know there are those out there that look for the good...which for us seems few and far between. That is probably why my kids stay home while I run errands. Hope everything is ok! Love you!!