We went up to Utah this weekend to spend time with family and be there with Jason and JaNae when they went through the Temple. I drove up with the kids on Friday morning by myself and James flew in later that evening. He had to stay behind because his ceremony for his rank advancement was Friday as well. It was really hard to choose which event to attend, but James made it easy on me and just bought a plane ticket so I didn't have to pick. On Friday night everybody met at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple for Jason and JaNae to take our their endowments. It was such an awesome experience to be there with most of my siblings as well as Jenny, Dorie, Michelle, Marjann, and DeAnn. The session was beautiful and the Temple was absolutely gorgeous. We didn't get out until almost 10 o'clock because we spent so much time in the Celestial Room enjoying the company we were with and reveling in the moment and the accomplishment of the Simpers.
On Saturday we all met at the Draper Temple for the sealing. The Draper Temple is beautiful as well and it was so great to have so many family members there supporting us. Jason's grandpa did the sealing and that was very special. He is 91 years old but didn't miss a beat. He even cracked a few jokes and said many things that were great for us all to hear. He spoke about David O. McKay in 1965 and the 6 things that the Savior will ask you in your personal interview when you meet him. It gave us all many things to think about and allowed us all to recommit to trying harder to meet our Savior with pure hearts.
On Saturday we all met at the Draper Temple for the sealing. The Draper Temple is beautiful as well and it was so great to have so many family members there supporting us. Jason's grandpa did the sealing and that was very special. He is 91 years old but didn't miss a beat. He even cracked a few jokes and said many things that were great for us all to hear. He spoke about David O. McKay in 1965 and the 6 things that the Savior will ask you in your personal interview when you meet him. It gave us all many things to think about and allowed us all to recommit to trying harder to meet our Savior with pure hearts.
We went to Mi Ranchito afterwards to eat and celebrate. Mi Ranchito has been a family favorite since I was in high school and the food is still great. We presented JaNae with a picture of the Draper temple that all the siblings got for her family. I can't wait to see it up in her house.
The rest of the day was spent at Hariella's house playing games and hanging out with everybody. We all had a sleepover and stayed up as long as we possibly could. It's so great when we all get together! I love my family!!




3 comments:
I love your family too! I can't believe little JaNae is all grown up! I'm so happy for her and her hubby and their little family. That is just awesome! Oh and by the way you two look SO much alike! Such cute girlies!
I'm so glad you all got to be there! I'm so happy for her and Jason! Congratulations, JaNae.
Great post-I hope I get mine done today. It was great to be with you and to get the hugs and kisses. I love you.
Post a Comment