


.jpg)


I really can't believe that Jamie is 17...it's just awful. We got up early this morning to make him breakfast and James and I were both a little emotional. I don't think it has really sunk in that he's going off to college soon but this morning it sure did. This will literally be the last birthday morning we get to wake him up in his own little snug bed. We put some fun candles in his pancakes this morning and sang him Happy Birthday...and waited to cry until after he left for Seminary. We are just so proud of the young man Jamie has become. He is so thoughtful and kind. He always thinks of others before himself. He is the most loyal boy on the face of this Earth. He loves his family more than anything, including his little brothers and sisters. He is a great example to all the people that he comes in contact with and I know many people look up to him. I know I do.
He just earned the Virtue award on Sunday for the YW recognition for our stake and I was so proud of him. He had to read the Book of Mormon among many other things and I never asked him to do it, he just decided on his own that it was important. He is such an example to me and I wished I was standing up with him. It made me want to be somebody that he looks up to on a different level, not just his mom although he makes me very proud to be his mom.
He is so smart and disciplined. He works very hard to get good grades in school and actually likes to learn. He comes home and tells me that he finds all the things he's learning interesting...
He's decided he wants to go to college to become a Pathologist...wow! I know whatever he decides to become he will be amazing at.
I hope his day is wonderful and that he knows just how very special to me he is. I am so grateful for the opportunity I've had to raise this young man. He is my son and I will forever be his mom, no matter that we don't have a biological bond. He is a very key part in our family and in my relationship with my husband. They key part that I will always be grateful for. Thank you Jamie for teaching me many wonderful things in the 9 years that I have had you in my life. I love you.




4 comments:
Now I am all misty. I cannot believe he is 17. He is a great young man and you will be getting a phone call from me for advice on how to raise teenagers. Great post.
Oh my goodness! That post made ME get emotional. I can tell how amazing of a young man he is by all that you share and just by looking at him. I hope his birthday was wonderful! He is going amazing places, of that I'm sure!!
OK--- I'm going to be down in Utah County all weekend for Thanksgiving. Even if we can't get everyone together... I'll love to meet up for lunch or dinner. (or even warm drinks at Starbucks?)
Let me know!
It was great to read all about Jamie-what a wonderful grandson I have. I am sad that we won't be here for the 1st year of his college education but I know he will be taken care of by the other members of the family. I am so excited about the young man he is growing into-a great example for the rest of his cousins.
Jamie's baby pic is ADORABLE! There are a couple pics that you posted where he reminds me a lot of Kai! You don't have much to worry about if your boys grow up to be like Jamie - He's a fine young man!
Post a Comment