We had alot to celebrate this year. We drove up to Utah to enjoy Thanksgiving, Christmas and Grandma and Kieth's missionary farewell. It was a packed weekend. 10 of the 11 kids were there. We missed Chris (Kieth's oldest son) and his family but really enjoyed everyone else. All the grandkids have so much fun when they are together. I love to watch them all play and laugh at each other. It's been great to have all the new additions to the family. Thank goodness for stepkids and new cousins...I'm glad my kids aren't the only big grandkids anymore.
On Thanksgiving Day James and Jamie competed in a "Earn a Turkey" Run. We got up so early to get there on time. I went with them for moral support. I forgot my running shoes otherwise I would have loved to do it with them....although it was soooo cold I don't know if I would have been able to breathe. I'm a wimp! They both did awesome. James got first in the Kleidsdale division, but we left early and didn't get his turkey. He was so mad at me. I was trying to hurry and get a newspaper for the Black Friday sales....who cares about a turkey??? In my defense, we didn't know he won because they don't post the standings for at least a half hour and I didn't want to wait! Needless to say he did an awesome job and I was very proud of him!! Thank goodness I got to sit in the car and watch.
We had about 40 people there for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed spending time with all my siblings and their families. It's always crazy when we get together but I wouldn't have it any other way. There was alot of love over the weekend realizing we were losing our Mom for 18 months and trying to figure out how we were going to stick together. I tried not to think about it too much because it's very hard, but I know it's the right thing for them.
That night we celebrated Christmas with our regular present exchange and had fun stealing gifts from everybody else! Danielle made Grandma and Kieth a Brag Book of their kids and grandkids with pictures and notes to share with investigators on their mission. It was very hard for Hariella to read it. She just broke down...she's going to miss her grandkids alot. There was alot of crying over the weekend.
We got to make ginger bread houses this year too! It was a new tradition and the kids loved it. Grandma Lucille does it with Danielle's family and so we used some of her stuff. The kids loved making them and loved eating them more! They ate everything off them!! Malak just wanted to eat the frosting instead of actually make the house. He didn't like it when Nae Nae put the frosting on his nose. We all thought it was pretty funny!!
We got to make ginger bread houses this year too! It was a new tradition and the kids loved it. Grandma Lucille does it with Danielle's family and so we used some of her stuff. The kids loved making them and loved eating them more! They ate everything off them!! Malak just wanted to eat the frosting instead of actually make the house. He didn't like it when Nae Nae put the frosting on his nose. We all thought it was pretty funny!!
Their farewell was beautiful. Kieth and Hariella both spoke and all the kids and grandkids got to sing "I Love to See the Temple" and "Mother's Lullaby". The songs were very hard to get through. I remember my Mom singing those songs to me when I was little and I've been singing them to my kids since I can remember. It was a beautiful meeting and the spirit was very strong. I know this is going to be so great for their marriage and for our family even though it will be hard.




3 comments:
I am missing your family. Glad you keep your blog updated. I love the pics.
I too am missing your family=Please keep up on the blogging. I really need to see those cute grandkids.
Looks like fun! It was great= to see you!! Love you!!
Post a Comment