CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Homecoming Week




Jamie had Homecoming all last week. Since he is in Student Council we didn't see him before 9:00 almost every night last week. He was super busy, but we all had so much fun. It was a little crazy, but we managed to keep it together...I think:) He had been working on a float all week long, but it all paid off because his group won the award for best float at the Homecoming game on Friday night.

He had open house on Tuesday night so I got to meet all of his teachers and got to go back to High School for a day...lots of memories! As I was going through his schedule and sitting in all of his classes talking to his teachers, I realized just how much he has on his plate. Not only is he taking all honors classes this year, but he also has an AP Biology Class. He had to fit US History in somewhere and didn't have any room for it, so he is taking it as a virtual class on-line. I was a very proud mom at that moment realizing how much ambition he has and how much responsibility he has taken on himself. He never complains about not getting to bed before 11:00 pm. He never whines about getting up at 5:00 am to get to early morning seminary. He is so disciplined about staying home on the weekends to get all of his homework done instead of hanging out with his friends. He really hasn't had a social life this year because he's been so busy with school.

During the open house at school, his guitar class performed a few songs for the crowd that gathered to listen. He loves music so much! I wish that he had more time to spend practicing the guitar and enjoying his music. I am very proud of his sacrifice this year and I know it will pay off in the long run. James and I decided we needed to do something nice for him to reward his good behavior--which we have really noticed lately. His favorite thing in the world is my ipod which he always borrows. We wouldn't buy him one becuase he's already gone through 2 in the last couple of years. He's been without one for a very long time, so I decided to go buy him one to let him know how much we love him and appreciate his hard work. We've started seeing that transition from young'n to adult and it's exciting and hard at the same time. His smile was priceless when he saw what we were giving him. I love having him around and am so grateful for him in my life! He's such a blessing.


1 comments:

C*K*J said...

You should be a proud mama! he's sound like an incredible kid!

Can't wait to see you tomorrow!