CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Decorating for Halloween








This is by far my favorite time of year! I love everything about it! Fall in Vegas is a little challenging but I have actually started to feel the change in weather...slowly. I hadn't really been feeling up to the whole decorating thing but really want to create those memories with my children...so I compromised and only put half of my stuff out. (And realized that it's time to buy new stuff because the stuff I have is sooo old!) We had such a great time with Malak decorating. He is such a busy kid and we couldn't keep him concentrated in one area--he was everywhere!! I thought it was funny because this is the kid that gets freaked out when he sees Elmo on TV, but isn't scared at all of the Halloween spooky things! He just points and says, "EWWWW" and "OHHHHH". It is so cute to watch him pick everything up and help hand it to me without freaking out! Forget trying to take him to Wal-Mart or anwhere that has lots of stuff-he hyperventilates by ewwing so much! I love his personality! You can tell Kai was over decorating...he just wanted to ride his bike. As a matter of fact every time that garage door goes up the next question is, "Mom, can I ride my bike?" It's just automatic. I feel so bad because I hate going outside to let him ride his bike because I can't control Malak. And it's so hard in our neighborhood because we are on a very busy street and I stress out about it. Remember the good old days when you left your house in the morning and didn't come back until it was dark and you just played all day long with no supervision??? We definetly live in a different world. Orem and Provo are a lot different from Las Vegas....

3 comments:

deveney said...

Cute pictures! Fun memories! I'm diggin' Malak's hair...so cute! :)

Mrs. Wright said...

It looks like you had fun! I'm so glad you recognize the importance of making great memories for your kids (not all moms do). I'm sure they feel lucky to have you as their mom.

Erica and Curtis said...

i don't have to ask "how are you?" now do I? It looks like you have been busy. I love Halloween-you're decorations look great. Hey, would you email me @ clankees3@msn.com
I have some hair questions for you.