CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bolivia Memories



It's been a while since this actually happened but I'm trying to catch up on all the things I have been meaning to blog about...so bear with me!

One of my dear old friends Patricia Lara came to Las Vegas and I was able to meet her and her husband for dinner. We had such a great time and it was awesome to reminisce. She looks as beautiful as she did when we were 13 years old! It was so great to catch up with her and hear about what happened in her life after we left Bolivia. I have felt such a void in my life since leaving Bolivia and all of my friendships that helped me through adolescence. I didn't know how to find anyone or reconnect with people since it's only been 20 years! Then I found facebook! Okay, I am not a very good facebooker because I just don't have the time but at least I have been able to find alot of people not only from Bolivia but from High School and everywhere in between. What an awesome network that is available to us to find our friends! It has made me think and have some regrets about not maintaining friendships. I'm not sure why I haven't kept my friendships through high school and things like that but it made me want to do better and keep those people in my life. I think it was such a difficult period in my life that I just wanted to leave it all behind and move on to the next thing...but realize now that it is healing to revisit these friedships.

Pat just got remarried and her new husband is great! My husband is so wonderful to go with me to these kind of things and be such a good sport! He can get along with anybody and did just that with Pat's husband...they were great friends by the end of dinner. We actually would love to go visit them within the next year in Miami! I loved being around Pat because I could understand her spanish so much better than I can with James' family. It encouraged me to speak it more freely instead of being intimidated by those crazy Puerto Ricans that speak sooooo fast! I need to brush up on my spanish anyway---but it gave me a little more confidence! It was so awesome to see her and remember all of our fun times!

0 comments: