It was one of those mornings on Friday when you just want to crawl back into bed!! I decided to sleep in a little because I didn't have to be into work until 9:30...I will take any chance to sleep a little more but it generally screws up the rest of my day. Friday was no exception...instead of getting out of bed on my own--my little alarm clock named Kai decided to get me up with his constant whining about wanting to take a shower with me. This is our morning ritual generally because he loves to take a shower in the morning and just lay there for as long as I'll let him. So I agreed this morning and we jumped into the shower but on the other side of the wall--all I can hear is '"MOM" over and over again coming from Malak. So I rush through my shower and get half dressed and try to get him up to change his poopy stinky diaper. He won't let me pick him up--he keeps dropping to his knees and dodging me in his crib--fine whatever I walk out and he bursts into screams again!! So finally he'll let me get him out and put him on his changing table but will not let me unzip his pj's...what is wrong with this kid? So I let him run around and play while I try to finish getting ready for work. Then he starts walking funny...uh oh! All you moms know that the diaper is releasing its contents when they start walking funny. Sure enough--EVERYWHERE!! So I dump him into the bathtub to hurry and clean him up and of course he wants to play...I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!!!
So then finally he's dressed and we go downstairs to start breakfast before I have to rush off to work and he decides to open my pantry (which happens at least 20 times a day). This time I was in la la land and not paying attention while he grabs the syrup and tips it upside down and decides to take a walk with it all over my kitchen!! Have you ever tried to get syrup off the floor? I was down on my hands and knees for a long time and I'm still walking on a sticky floor after mopping it at least twice!!
Being a working mom sucks sometimes.....I think these things would probably be funny to me if I wasn't so stressed to get to work on time and focus on what I need to do. I wish sometimes I could learn to just focus on the kids and what they need....ohhhh the joy of balancing everything all by yourself! Sorry no pics--no time!
Berry Cheesecake Salad Recipe Kraft Canada
7 years ago




1 comments:
I'm not sure it matters whether you are working or not. . . Somedays you're in a good enough mood for it to be funny and some days you're not. Everyone keeps telling me I'll miss this part someday!
Post a Comment