CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Jamie's Car





We had been trying to figure out what to do about having this teenager without a car and we’ve realized that we really needed a 3rd vehicle to help alleviate some of my stress! He is such a busy kid and always has to be somewhere –and I always have to be somewhere different which usually means that Jamie is on the losing end of things. He is such a great kid and we felt like he needed his independence so we started hunting for a car. This vehicle just landed right in my lap and it was too good of a deal to pass up so we bought it for him! He doesn’t even have his official license yet just his permit, but I couldn’t let this deal go. We bought this Honda Accord from a client of mine that just needed to get rid of it and she came down a lot on her price…like 700 dollars lower! So we picked up the car on Valentine’s Day and gave it to Jamie when we got home. He couldn’t believe it!! He was in total shock and disbelief—he thought we were kidding and playing some kind of joke on him! I really thought he was going to cry..it was so cute!! We all piled in the car and he drove us around the block with the biggest smile he’s ever had on his face! He told me I was the best stepmom in the whole world—which of course made me feel great!! I’m so grateful for our relationship and so glad that I get to raise this amazing young man—I just love him!

3 comments:

deveney said...

Wow! I bet he was totally surprised! How cool!

Priscilla said...

You make me cry everytime I get on this blog. You are a great stepmom thank you for taken such good care of my Jamie. You do not know how it makes me feel to know that he is getting great care and lots of love that he great deserves. Thank you Anna
Love
Priscilla

Mrs. Wright said...

Having a step dad I can relate to Jamie a lot! I know he is grateful to you and the kindness you've shown to him by doing this. We're both super lucky to have come across such great deals on vehicles!