CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Family Home Evening







Last week we decided to have our lesson on Sunday because Jamie couldn't be with us on Monday night, and do an activity on Monday night. Our lesson went well, Jamie actually taught the lesson and we enjoyed it very much.

Monday was the fun part! We stopped by Jersey Mikes and got sandwiches for dinner and went to the park right by our house to have a picnic. I have to say keeping Malak from crawling all over our food was the challenge of the night, but the food was delicious-even with a little dirt in it. After dinner the kids wanted to feed the ducks, so they used their leftovers to fatten up the duckies!! It was so cute to watch Madelyn and Kai work together to get the ducks close by. Sometimes they can really impress me with their love for each other, but most of the time I am having to put them in their separate corners. Maddy is such a "mother" to Kai and he just wants to be left alone! But for some reason it was working that night and I was counting my blessings!

I was quite surprised at Malak...he hated the slide! He cried every time I put him up there to slide down. I guess that tells you how many times I've taken the poor kid to the park!! But on the brighter side he didn't want to get out of the swing. James would make funny faces at him and he would just giggle every time he got close to James. I have to remember to take advantage of all these fun memories to be made!!!

2 comments:

deveney said...

Your family is so cute! Looks like you had a fun time.

jenorme said...

Can I borrow Malak for a day? I just want to squeeze him!