Hooray---Maddy's done with the 1st grade!! She did so amazing this year with her school. Her teacher's name was Miss Batista. There were only 4 girls in her class at the beginning of the year and then they lost one so there were only 3. There were 12 boys!!
One of her favorite things about first grade was eating lunch on the cafeteria--we battled every day on whether she would eat the junk at school or take a lunch. We balanced it pretty well. Who makes the menus at school anyway?? Chicken nuggets, pizza, junk, junk and more junk!! I let her eat school lunchh once a week and she had to pack her own lunch the other days. She loved to carpool with her friends, too. She's been lucky to find great friends. And I think she might even like boys now...I've found a few notes that say, "I love Andres." Or whoever it is that week...ugh!!
The last week of school they had Camp Learned-a-lot. It was fun for them to remember all the fun things they learned. At the awards ceremony Madelyn recieved 2 awards. Citizenship and A Honor Roll. I was very proud of her for her accomplishments. We have a very smart girl on our hands who I hope will apply herself just as much in the 2nd grade. We are enjoying our last few days off before we go back to school on Monday. She only had 2 weeks off before 2nd grade starts!




0 comments:
Post a Comment