Jamie is such a rock star. His friend Addy was having her 14th birthday party and wanted Jamie to play at her party. Andrew and Jamie got together to practice a few times and this was the result. They played 4 songs that Jamie wrote. I think they cowrote maybe one of them, but I'm amazed at the talent that my son has. He must get it from me....HA! His mother is actually very musically inclined and his grandfather is an amazing musician. I'm so glad that it has been passed down to him. I have had to learn how to appreciate it because I really don't have any musical abilities. He really wants to go to a college that he can continues studying music and we are excited about that. We want him to earn a degree in something that he can make a living doing but we also want him to explore his talents and enjoy music in college too.
His friend Andrew is a great person to play music with and they are both very talented. It has been great for me to see this relationship be rebuilt because it was very strained for a while. Jamie actually got kicked out of the band that he was in with Andrew and all of his closest friends. It was very hard for all of the boys to move on and forgive. It was probably even harder for me because I just wanted to protect Jamie from the isolation that he was feeling. It was a very good lesson for all of us to go through and I've realized that we all have to forgive. So them playing together for Addy's party was very special.




1 comments:
Wow Jamie!! You are very good! Way to go! I enjoyed listening...thanks, Ana, for posting that! :)
Post a Comment