CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jamie's Patriarchal Blessing



Jamie has been preparing for a while to recieve his Patriarchal Blessing and today was the day! It was a diffcult day leading up to it...funny how Satan works isn't it? But we got through the day and went over to the Mays house around 3:00 this afternoon. We started the day by fasting at Jamie's request and that really prepared all of us to feel the Spirit better. We talked a little about blessings as Jamie drove us over to the location, and he expressed his excitement. James and I shared some of the things that were in our blessings with Jamie and were able to feel the Spirit while we shared special things with each other. I have grown to appreciate my blessing more and more as I get older and realize that Heavenly Father always has a plan for us if we let him guide us. Jamie is growing into such an amazing young man and that belief was confirmed today when our Heavenly Father expressed His love for Jamie.


Brother and Sister Mays spent some time chatting with us before the blessing and it was nice to get to know them. They seemed like wonderful people and you could really feel the peace in their home. As we walked in I thought to myself what an awesome calling this would be for Bro. Mays. The youth in our stake are outstanding and some of the strongest girls and boys I have ever come in contact with. He is the special person that gets to look deep into their lives and bless them directly from our Heavenly Father. What an awesome thing to do! Sis Mays is the Young Women's President and had actually already heard some things about Jamie....from her girls, but it was all really good things and she was looking forward to meeting him in person. Thank goodness!


During the blessing some very profound things were said that really impressed me and gave me a lot of peace about what the future could hold for Jamie if he chooses wisely. My favorite thing that was said was at the very end of his blessing. Bro. Mays said that he would meet Jesus again and that when he did, Jesus would call him, "My Friend." After the blessing, Bro. Mays asked us to stay a bit longer and wanted us to know just how amazing Jamie was. He said that he had never said those words before in any of his blessings and got really choked up over the power of the blessing he had just given. He said sometimes we don't really comprehend the potential of the people we come in contact with but that through these blessings he gives, he really begins to understand just what choice spirits are on this Earth for the last days. He was very impressed with Jamie and felt a special connection with him. I thought it was very neat to have someone like Bro. Mays put so much effort and spirituality into what he's been called to do. That made the experience absolutely beautiful and one that will never be forgotten. What an honor to have been there to support our son and experience these amazing things with him. I feel truly blessed.

5 comments:

Courtrion said...

out of curiosity what religion are you guys?

C*K*J said...

Ana- What an amazing and wonderful experience to have documented. I am always so impressed by what a great young man he must be each time you write about him! Wow! And how lucky he's been to have had your influence in his life!

I'm so sad that I missed the get together over Christmas! I had to have a root canal that afternoon and just wasn't feeling up to it! We just need to do it again soon! I hope all your holidays were wonderful and that you're doing well!

Mrs. Wright said...

What a special day! I can only imagine how neat it was for you and James to share with him your own patriarchal blessings. You both make wonderful parents.

Shannon said...

That is incredibly neat Ana. I love Jamie without even knowing him! And you are an inspiration to us all.

Kari said...

What a wondreful expierence for Jamie, James, and you. Sounds like he had a powerful blessing with a lot of potential. Congratulations to Jamie! What a comfort for a mother for her son to recieve a great blessing. Shane just recieved his last Sunday, and we was really excited. It is a special expierence! Congrats!