CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Pet Day at Preschool


On Wednesday Kai had preschool. He normally goes to Miss Kathy’s on Tuesdays and Thursdays but she was going out of town skiing and rescheduled school for Wednesday. I was really excited because I got to participate in their Pet Day. It’s always scheduled on a day that I have to work, so I was happy to take the 7th member of our family to visit Kai at school. Max is such a great dog and our family just loves him so much. Kai just kept asking me to remember to come to his school and to not forget!
I showed up with Malak and Max in tow 30 minutes before school got over and Miss Kathy ushered us to the back yard while Max dragged us along. He was so excited to have all these kids paying attention to him! He ran wild as soon as I let him off his leash and all his training went out the window—I couldn’t control him. But nevertheless everybody had a ball! Other moms showed up with their dogs too and everybody played nicely. Max was way bigger than the other 2 dogs and I was scared he was going to eat them alive! Ben brought his brand new puppy named Lucy. She is a beagle and the cutest thing you’ve ever seen. (Although she wouldn’t hold still long enough to get a good photo of her) And Danny brought his big beagle that was named Chopper. All the dogs got along nicely but Max did a little damage to some of the kids with his tail—oops! That thing never stopped swinging and it’s pretty lethal when it hits…so you can imagine the kids complaining about it. Blake brought his turtles and they were both lucky to survive that outing. All the kids wanted to touch them and one got dropped—so we decided to just look at them in their water instead of hold them…
We had a great day enjoying and learning about pets and what a wonderful effect they have on children. I am convinced every young boy should grow up with a doggy, especially one like Max!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I agree, I love dogs. Max looks like our dog Boykin that died in June. He was the best dog ever. Now we have a little lab puppy that is a handful! I have no doubt that she will grow up to be great though, labs just are. Her and Rex are best friends already.

Krista said...

I agree....dogs are awesome pets!! Max is a great dog. He's so cute.
I'm back now so let me know when you want your massage;)

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love you're expression in the first picture! (About to get kisses from the dog! )

I miss having a dog they can be a lot of fun!

Mrs. Wright said...

Did the dog just lick your face in the first picture?